PITTSBURGH REGIONAL LIBRARY CENTER, INC.
Beatty Hall, Chatham College
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15232
tvea Code (412) 441-6409
5 i 1 1979
ACTIONS ITEUS - THIS NEr<lSLETTER/ c,O\\ege libt:
- Board of Trustees - May 18, meeti~gO
- Reciprocal Borrowing - Reports D
- Free Materials - ·Other Largess·
- Library-Centered Learning - ·Sel
BOARD TO 1mET
-di recte!} 01919.
The Board of Trustees will meet Ilay 18 on the South
Campus, Community College of Allegheny County. ~l aterials pertinent
to the meeting have been mailed. Luncheon reservations must be
received at the PRLC Office by Ponday, " ay 14.
EXECUTIVE COUNCIL HIGHLIGHTS , April 16, 1971')
* Approved re-allocation of funds within the operating budget
and union list fund
* Approved CETA agreements with the City of Pittsburgh to support
one Union List Assistant and one Clearinghouse Assistant (or
serials work) through next April 15.
* Discussed and agreed on revisions to PRLC's proposed agreement
with OCLC and to PRLC's OCLC Participation Agreement with
* Discussed potential uses of the net,~ ork' s OCLC/r!ARC Tapes
with Al Kamper, Chairman of the OCLC Committee and Allen Kent,
Office of Communications Programs, University of Pittsburgh
Operations: The committee chairs met I!arch 30 to discuss
present and 1979/80 activities. Peggy Porter presented a
draft Committee Guide for review and revision. The guide will
be available to committee chairs before the end of this fiscal.
Data Base Services: Members met on A~ril 4 with Kay Durkin of
Bibliographic Retrieval Services to learn about the possibilities
of a ~rOUD contract for PRLC members. "ho Searches What;
a uide to online data bases in the PRLC re ion has been complete.
~embers may expect t eir _ree copy at the Board of
Trustees meeting. A few additional copies will be available
at ~ 3.00 each prepaid, or $5.00 if an invoice is required.